1. Safety culture
Ola views safety as a top priority. The safety of drivers, passengers and members of the public are paramount.
Ola is committed to encouraging and maintaining a good safety culture where our drivers are concerned. A good safety culture incorporates the way in which safety is effectively managed with our drivers, and reflects the attitudes, beliefs, perceptions and values that drivers share in relation to safety.
It is critical that drivers take responsibility of their own driving performance. Dangerous or hazardous driving performance has the potential to place passengers and the public at risk. In the event of any breaches of legal and contractual obligations relating to safety by a driver, Ola has implemented a Driver Sanctions and Reactivation Policy under which all drivers who fail to meet our expectations may receive warning notices and ultimately, be subject to sanction.
2. Safety objectives
Ola aims to achieve this goal via:
- Active involvement and commitment with drivers by Ola representatives.
- Consultation and communication with drivers on safety issues.
- Ongoing identification and control of hazards including physical and security threats.
- Development and implementation of procedures for all activities that pose a risk.
- Ongoing assessment of drivers’ fitness and authority for active service.
- Provision of all necessary information and training.
- Investigation and reporting of all accidents and dangerous incidents.
- Provision of emergency procedures.
The organisation’s Safety Management System (SMS) is the primary mechanism for implementing and monitoring these activities.
Drivers are responsible for operating and maintaining their rideshare vehicles in a manner that ensures the safety of the drivers, passengers and pedestrians, which abides with the legislative requirements of the driver’s state of operations and Ola’s SMS requirements.
- Ensure the care, safety and comfort of customers.
- Drive the vehicle economically and carefully in accordance with relevant road laws and policies.
- Report all safety-related occurrences to Ola. These may include the following:
- an accident or incident that results in an injury that is treated by an ambulance officer or results in the injured person being treated at a hospital,
- a collision involving a vehicle being used for a passenger service that results in damage to the vehicle that is sufficient to prevent the completion of the journey in that vehicle,
- a mechanical or other fault in a vehicle being used for a passenger service that is sufficient to prevent the completion of the journey in that vehicle,
- an incident involving a driver, passenger or intended passenger of a vehicle being used for a passenger service and that results in a complaint to the police containing allegations of sexual assault, indecent exposure, actual assault or physical threats or other intimidation,
- an incident involving the conduct of a driver while driving a vehicle being used for a passenger service that results in the driver being charged with a major traffic offence.
- Accurately complete all necessary recording procedures where required.
- Complete vehicle pre-departure checks.
- Maintain the vehicle in a clean condition.
- Not drive or attempt to drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Report any matters relevant to the currency of your driver’s licence, insurance or driver authority to Ola by email to email@example.com.
- Not drive or attempt to drive if there are any health or other issue that may affect your fitness to drive.
- Participate in training as required.
4. Acknowledgement and agreement
I have read, acknowledge and agree to, the above Driver Safety Commitment Policy and to abide by the responsibilities outlined.